Association Newsletter, Museum and Archive

Association Newsletter

A brief newsletter, the 550 Squadron and RAF North Killingholme Association Newsletter, is published to association members three or four times per year.

The April 2017 issue is available online:

Issue 66 April 2017 (summary format)

Archive copies from previous years are also available online (again in summarised format only): listed here.

Association Museum and Archive

A small Squadron museum occupies a couple of rooms of the North Killingholme Village Hall. This contains an archive of material such as squadron history, photographs, memorabilia, etc. Contact Mike Leeman for details.

August 2014 Photos

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Earlier Photos

Photographs kindly made available by Richard E Flagg (Copyright 1990 - 2011). See http://www.ukairfields.org.uk/.

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

Squadron Museum and Newsletter

PhotoComment
- new14/11/2014
Taken in the 1930s on "Low Farm" before the airfield was built there
George Turner's father is driving the tractor and his younger brother Allan is on the binder
Picture courtesy of George Turner
- new14/11/2014
George Turner on the combine harvester in 1964
This was the first harvest after the land, on which the airfield was build, was returned to the Turner family
Picture courtesy of George Turner

The Air Ministry requisitioned "Low Farm" in 1942 from George Turner's father, and it was on this land that the airfield was built. For this Turner (Sen.) was paid in 1946 at 1939 value. After the war the fields were rented out for grazing, and in 1963 sold back to Turner (Sen.) at 1963 value. [Source: Sam Lipfriend in conversation with George Turner, 2011.]