550 Squadron Photos
F/Sgt V R L Johnson and Crew
F/Sgt Johnson and crew were posted to 550 Squadron in early May 1945:
- F/Sgt V R L Johnson RAAF (P)
- Sgt R J Green (F/Eng)
- F/Sgt R H Pinnington RAAF (Nav)
- W/O W A Murhpy RAAF (A/B)
- F/Sgt R E Brock RAAF (W/Op)
- F/Sgt N M Pegrum RAAF (A/G)
- F/Sgt A M Henry RAAF (A/G)
On 25th and 26th June 1945 a number of the crew (i.e. the RAAF service men) were transferred from 550 Sqdn to RAF Station Gamston (as part of the mass exodus of non-RAF air-crew from the station after the end of the war in Europe).
The picture below shows F/Sgt Johnson and crew (May 1945).
|F/Sgt Johnson Crew
L-to-R: F/Sgt Johnson, F/Sgt Pinnington, W/O Murphy, Sgt Green, F/Sgt Brock, F/Sgt Henry, F/Sgt Pegrum
Photo kindly made available by Mark Simpson