Failed to Return
F/Sgt J Hough
F/Sgt J Hough and crew were posted to 550 Sqdn from No. 1 L.F.S. on 16 July 1944:
- F/Sgt J Hough (P) [KIA]
- Sgt H Hindle (F/Eng) [KIA]
- Sgt A W Tucker (Nav) [KIA]
- F/Sgt E Moody (A/B) [KIA]
- F/Sgt J B Lake RAAF (W/Op) [KIA]
- Sgt G A Thomson (A/G) [KIA]
- Sgt E J Walsh (A/G) [KIA]
The F/Sgt Hough crew, while on operations on 14 August 1944 to Fontaine le Pain in PD208, crashed at Wittering; all of the crew were killed. This was only their 4th op since joining the squadron.
The entry on the 550 Squadron Roll of Honour is available here.
Other information about the flight and the target available here.