Failed to Return
F/O D W Cobbin and Crew
The F/O Cobbin crew were posted to 550 Sqdn on squadron start-up from 100 Sqdn "C" Flight w.e.f. 25/11/43:
- F/O D W Cobbin (P) (KIA)
- Sgt F T Stiling (F/Eng) (KIA)
- F/O K L Agnew (Nav) (KIA)
- P/O J L McKeown RCAF (A/B) (PoW)
- Sgt R Laverick (W/Op) (KIA)
- Sgt L K Gilmar RCAF (MU/AG) (KIA)
- Sgt R Willis (R/AG) (KIA)
Lancaster DV306 was flown by the F/O Cobbin crew when it was lost on the 14/15th January 1944 on an operation to Brunswick. One member of the crew became a PoW, the remainder of the crew were killed and are buried in Hannover War Cemetery.
Other information about the flight and the target available here.
The entry on the 550 Squadron Roll of Honour is available here.